Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Laundry Day

Seems like I am always doing laundry!  In fact I am looking at a huge pile of laundry that needs to be folded right now.  I tend to overlook my laundry room.  I don't give it a lot of thought like the rest of the house.  After looking at the laundry rooms below, I am inspired to make some small changes in my laundry room. I want it to be decorated like the rest of the house.  Maybe then I will enjoy doing laundry more.  Or maybe not.

All images are from decor pad.



laundry/mud rooms - gray washer dryer stone countertop stainles steel shelves subway tiles backsplash canisters  Kitchen Lab  gray washer & dryer,

I love the industrial feel of this laundry room!  The subway tiles and stainless steel shelves look great!  Even the storage looks good.



laundry/mud rooms - white carrara marble countertops counter tops island washer dryer farmhouse stainless steel sink faucet pulls knobs brushed nickel stone tile floors white brown laundry room

If I had a laundry room that looked like this, the laundry would already be folded!  Love everything about it!  I would spend time in here folding laundry and even ironing!  It would be my "me" time.



laundry/mud rooms - wallpaper lantern white washer dryer cabinets  Draza Stamenich ~ Gordon Beall Photography  wallpaper, white, washer, dryer,

Love the wallpaper and the lantern!



laundry/mud rooms - Farrow & Ball The Ringwold Papers Wallpaper yellow wallpaper white washer dryer industrial laundry sink  Lindsey Ellis Beatty

So cute and sunny!  I wish I had windows in my laundry room!



laundry/mud rooms - brown rug pink yellow floral sink skirt stainless steel floating shelf white washer dryer  Mark Burstyn Photography via House

Again I love the stainless steel shelves and the fabric on the skirted sink!



laundry/mud rooms - striped yellow green blue cabinet skirt white washer dryer blur tray open shelves cabinets interior green painted cabinet blue gray laundry room

Cute!!



laundry/mud rooms - blue green striped rug schoolhouse pendant light ivory cabinets drawers white countertop blue walls paint color wicker umbrella stand blue green laundry room

Nice cabinets that keep this laundry room looking clean!



laundry/mud rooms - white cabinets white washer dryer wicker baskets blue walls paint color laundry room  William MacDonald Interiors.   Modern

A modern take on the laundry room!



laundry/mud rooms - farmhouse sink white cabinets black countertops baskets white washer dryer roman shade white blue laundry room  Ken Gemes

Love the baskets to keep everything organized!



laundry/mud rooms - vintage cottage washer dryer canvas laundry bags blue gray walls  charming laundry nook from Decorology blog  green gray

This looks really cute!  I love the apothecary jars holding the laundry soap!



laundry/mud rooms - ivory cream cabinets gray countertop gray walls paint color white yellow gray floral roman shade wood floors laundry room

Nice cabinets!



Well, my laundry room does not have a door to outside or even windows.  It does not have room for an island to fold laundry.  But there are still things I can do to make it a little more appealing, without spending a lot of money.

New overhead light from Home Depot or Ikea
Artwork
Use a big basket instead of a plastic laundry basket
Interesting storage for laundry supplies, dog stuff, etc.
rug

I will let you know when I make some progress in this area!  I guess I will go tackle that pile of laundry now!

1 comment: