Friday, February 11, 2011

Lisa Luby Ryan: Then and Now

There is a shop in University Park that I have to go to every time I am in the area.  If it is night and the store is closed,  you will see me peeking in all the windows.  The shop is Vintage Living owned by designer Lisa Luby Ryan.  Here are a few pictures of her beautiful shop:






















Below are pictures of a house that Lisa decorated back in 2003.  I have a magazine with this house in it from 2003 and I absolutely loved it back then!  The other night, my husband was perusing the real estate listings and showed me a house he thought I would like and it was that same house!  He knows me so well.  The house has not changed at all from the photo shoot back in 2003. Here are some pictures of that house from the listing.


Main Image


Main Image

Main Image

Main Image

Main Image

Main Image

Main Image

Whenever I am in the area, I not only drive by Vintage living, but I also have to drive by the house below.  It turns out that this house was decorated by Lisa Luby Ryan also!  I think it is interesting how her style has evolved since 2003.  Her style used to be more English with darker colors, now it is light and airy and more French.   I love the house below and was so excited to see the inside after driving by the outside so many times trying to peek in without scaring the owner!


image

The outside has such curb appeal with the gates.  I just love it!

image

Isn't that living room gorgeous?

image

Another shot of the living room.

image

The dining room, which actually used to be a bedroom.


image

the kitchen, I might actually learn to cook in this kitchen!


image

The pretty master bedroom. This is the only bedroom in the house.

So which style do you like best, 2003 or today?  I love her style today!  I really like the white walls and  the light colored furniture that she uses versus the dark colors that were so popular back then.


This house was also featured in Veranda Magazine, November, December 2010.

Here is an interesting article about this house.

Pictures are from Cote de Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment