Friday, February 4, 2011

Designers Who Inspire. #1 Ashley Whittaker



A designer who really inspires me is Ashley Whittaker.  Her style is often described as traditional with a twist, which is what I love!  Get inspired from this Southampton home she designed featured in House Beautiful.

Enjoy!
                                                     


I love the use of color in this room.  The furnishings are traditional, but the colors keep it young and fresh.  Notice the mix of modern in the room, the abstract painting and the triple gourd lamps, which keeps the room looking updated.


Close up of fireplace.  Love that ottoman done in the pale blue and white zebra print!




 My favorite room in the house is the dining room.  Love the mix of turquoise and coral.  Again, traditional furnishings brought up to date with unexpected colors!




Very pretty mix of blues in the sitting room.  Notice the modern turquoise lamp.  Lamps can make or break your room.  Homegoods is a great place to get up to date lamps.  Notice also the brass floor lamp.  I had one in my home growing up and am on the lookout at the thrift stores for another one!



Love the striped rug in the kitchen eating area!  The shell chandelier from Mecox Gardens is awesome!  If I ever have 100 hours of free time, I might have to get out my hot glue gun and make one for myself!



Beautiful entryway.  Simple and elegant.



Adorable bedroom for a boy!



Very serene master bedroom.  I love the over-scaled monogrammed pillows and the tester bed.  This is in my file for my upcoming bedroom makeover!

I hope you enjoyed the first in the series, Designers Who Inspire, Ashley Whittaker.

1 comment:

  1. I love it Traci! I have always talked about starting a decorating blog. I am so excited for you and proud of you for doing it!!
    Macy

    ReplyDelete