Tuesday, May 10, 2011

House Stalking

I am a stalker.  A house stalker that is!  I love to go driving around looking at houses.  I have my favorite neighborhoods and my favorite houses that I like to drive by on a weekly basis.  Hubby and I get loads of ideas from paint colors to landscaping for our own home.  When I was a kid, my parents used  to pile my sister and I into the car and do the same thing.  Back then we would go through new neighborhoods and we would walk through the empty open houses.  I used to love imagining which bedroom would be mine!  So now I am continuing the tradition.  But we like to drive through the old neighborhoods.  I have found that the best time of day for looking at houses is dusk.  At this time, you get a glimpse inside, but can still see the outside.  It is the perfect time!  Rarely do I get to see more than a glimpse of the houses I stalk.  Unless, of course the house goes up for sale!  Like the house I am sharing with you today.  This house  has been on my stalking route for a few years and I am so excited to get to really take a look at the inside, without being creepy!  I wasn't disappointed.  I think you will like it too!!


Main Image


The traditional exterior is painted  beautiful robin's egg blue and taupe!  What an unexpected,  but wonderful color combination!



Main Image

What I like about this home is the dramatic use of color.  This is really showcased in the foyer that is painted a beautiful coral, both the walls and ceiling.  It really sets the tone for the rest of the home.  Love it!  To the left is the formal living room, to the right the dining room.

Main Image

The formal living room.  I love the pink sofa!  It looks like the walls are painted the palest of pinks.  Looks good!

Main Image

Those windows face the front, so I have caught glimpses of  the end of the pink sofa and the hood chair.  It looks better than I could have imagined!

Main Image

A view of the fireplace.  The abstract painting keeps the room fresh, especially when mixed with all of the florals.


Main Image

Love the plates on the dining room wall.  I use a lot of plates on my walls too.  Check out antique malls, estate sales, and thrift stores for cheap plates to hang.  You can see a bit of the butler's pantry on the left.

Main Image

The kitchen is not boring at all with the robin's egg blue subway tile back splash.

Main Image

More pink in the family room.  I love it paired with the light blue walls and the bright rug.



Main Image
 
Another view of the family room.  So pretty!



Main Image

I love the credenza the tv is on.  Hubby loves the sofa.


Main Image

I think this is the master bedroom.  More pink!


Main Image

Nice marble in the master bathroom.

Main Image

A bathroom for the kids.  Love the colorfully striped wallpaper.  The yellow tile looks like it might be original. This shows that you can decorate around what you have and it can still look good!


I hope you enjoyed this beautiful home as much as I did!  To view the listing, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment